Nikon D850 Viewfinder

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Confused2020 New Member • Posts: 3
Nikon D850 Viewfinder

Hi all

Been lurking here for a while, decided to finally join. 
I have a slightly odd question. I’ve just received my first ever full frame camera, a brand new Nikon D850,  and my initial buzzing excitement is slightly in check as I’m a little confused at something.

Took it out for a first outdoor shoot yesterday evening and found the viewfinder was very dim, enough to make picking out subjects difficult.

I photograph wildlife, was previously using a D7500 and I use the 200-500 f5.6 zoom. This morning I tried swapping the lens between the two bodies and sure enough the view from the D7500 is fractionally, although noticeably brighter than through the D850.

I’ve read so much praise for the big bright viewfinder on the D850, so I’m thoroughly confused to find it visibly dimmer than my D7500. Pictures themselves are outstanding, it’s just the view.

I really hoped someone might able to, excuse the pun, shed some light on this as I can’t help but worry something is wrong with new pride and joy.

Thanks

Nikon D750 Nikon D7500 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow