14 packets

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dimitris Servis Regular Member • Posts: 105
14 packets

14 packets so far and a couple more to go. Sold off all my Olympus and Panasonic gear. I am really saddened because I had a good time with it but it was already defeating their purpose: neither IQ nor size is any better than FF and usually worse. When my best camera was a 16MP APS-C, Olympus was a shining beacon. Not any more, but I could live with that. Unfortunately the fact is that Olympus, a company that my oldest camera is an OM-1n, is not trustworthy or viable any more. This is sad and it is the result of poor management. But a company that claimed 18 months ago that despite the de facto departure of Panasonic it would still invest in m43, and now completely divests from this business cannot be trusted. Of course business conditions change but so does consumer loyalty, which is what they try with marketing tricks (see lens announcements this and next week) to keep ticking. My investment towards Olympus gear was towards making sure that R&D will continue to exist. With the sale, R&D is dead and gradually everything else will die off. Good thing is that there are many good people that wanted to buy my gear at good prices, sometimes more than what I got it for in the first place and afford me a comfortable transition to Nikon Z.

P.S.: of all the 22 investments of JIP, only 5 have a website. The rest are zombies and even some of the 5 are zombies... Interestingly the portfolio also contains ITX, one of Olympus' scandals...

https://jipinc.com/investment/

Dimitris Servis's gear list:Dimitris Servis's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon 85mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow