Show Your Snaps...June 29, 2020

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
benjilafouine Veteran Member • Posts: 3,119
Re: I’m a frog, you’re a frog kiss me (blast from the past part 4)

I forgot a wildlife picture yesterday: the frog, our French Canadian designation!!! French Frogs!!! English Canadians used to call us « French Frogs » because our French ancestors used to love eating frog legs! One of our best French Canadian signers (one of our superstars), Robert Charlebois, immortalized that song end of 70s: « The Frog Song ». It’s hilarious as he’s kind of laughing at that! There was a guy at work who used to call me « grenouille » (frog in French). I actually found it funny but don’t ask me what I was referring to him as!!! It’s a bilingual song actually. Link here: https://youtu.be/197q4P2ud3U. I’m sure CD will remember that!

So here are my past pictures here for tonight.

The (French) frog in a Quebec nature park.

A distant view of our 100 years old church in winter.

My maternal grand-parents in 1927 in Lake George, NY.

About this last one. My maternal grand-parents got married in 1927 and went on their honeymoon trop in this house in April. My grandma was 20 years old then (she died on my 18 years old birthday in 1982). Seems like they took the train to get there and when they arrived it was so cold that someone loaned my grandma this coat (according to my mom whom I am sheltering since March here in Lac Simon in her former house, she still sleeps in her room). I am looking to restore that photo and some people from the retouching forum gave me some pointers. See it there: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/64089714. This is one of the renderings (several great ones):

My grand-parents in 1927.

Now I need to clean up this picture entirely and then learn how to do this by myself in Photoshop. Never done that before but I am really pleased with this result! The guys on the retouching forum are great. This one is from geepee52 from Australia, he spent a couple hours on that. Great result. The guys on that forum even told me some background on how my parents got there and about the dressing fashion of the time! I have so much to learn but this will be a gray day project after summer is gone. They told me it was an interesting picture to work on.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
There is always something to shoot/snap, you just have to know how to do it and have the right gear.
Benji

benjilafouine's gear list:benjilafouine's gear list
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot SX110 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Canon PowerShot G16 Canon EOS 40D +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow