furniture flash photography problem with reflections ? Example with photo.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Andreascy
OP Andreascy Contributing Member • Posts: 824
Re: furniture flash photography problem with reflections ? Example with photo.

Thank you very much for the answer. You help me so much to improve my knowledge. You are absolutely right about lighting. I couldn't imagine that mixing the light was the problem for this strange color casts in the photos. It took me very long time to improveaimprove thebthe imagesiimages in and Photoshop.  The all preperation needs time and patience but its worth a lot. So the important thing  i must remember it needed only   one light temperature..  So the 50 hz indicate a lamp light pulse? So i will remember if there is a lamp light and i will use this light for matching the flash it has to be 1/50 and less. I have a few questions about this situation. (1) . What will happen if i use my camera in shutter speed more than 1/50 with the existing lamp with or without flash? (2) how i will understand if the specific gel i used is the one that matches with the existing lamp light. I mean i have to  view the image in my camera screen and check if there is a noticeable color cast? (3) in this scene plain white was the walls and the mattress, is it necessary to use a white card if the is a white on the scene? Like walls and matress? (4). Why not to use grey card, what the difference of white card and grey card for taking the wb correctly in this situation. (5). I have a  wb filter that you place it front of the lens and you can take the wb reading. I guess this will work in a different lighting situation, for example outside when i want to shoot a landscape. But in this situation because the light is different front of the lens and different in the beds so for accurate results  the reading have to be taken with the  light fall to te subject.(6) On this scene i noticed different colors. Blue on the mattress, magenta- pink in the bed and walls and yellow in walls. I guess all this colors is because exactly the different lighting sources and each light produce a certain cast. (7) on this photoshoot i shoot also furniture with the real wood color . So it was more than important to take the correct color of the wood. If you place more exposure to the wood is becoming more yellow,  less light more dark magenta color.  So in this case i will match the lamp light with the flashes using gels, and taking the correct wb with white card, this will ensure me that i will take the correct color of the furniture? Because in this room the existing light can be tricky to understand with eyes , i mean that what you see there is not the accurate color of the furniture because the existing lamp light it affects to the color of the furniture. (7). What light is considering good light for accurate colors. Lets say flash light is considering accurate? And what about outdoor light coming through window? How close is the outdoor light temperature that is lighting the house from the windows vs the flash light? If the 2 lights are close can you mix them? . (8)  in the showroom there was multiple lamps that  look identical. Lets say that the furniture is located  in the middle of the 2 lamps. Is it possible even if i match the flash using gels the 2 lamps to have some different temperature and this produce strange colors to the scene?  (9 ) what about the floor color that was wood grain with orange and yellow color is the reflection can affect the bed furniture colour? For example a white furniture can take reflections from the wooden color floor. Anyway to eliminate this. Than you in advance for helping me understand the light

Andreascy's gear list:Andreascy's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Bob
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow