Dangers of buying on Amazon!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
patricksmith32
patricksmith32 Regular Member • Posts: 266
Dangers of buying on Amazon!

So I had a bad experience with Amazon and I’ve learned something I thought I’d share with you all. I ordered a Carbon Fiber Peak Design travel tripod for a recent trip I was going on. I already own a much bigger and more expensive RRS, but wanted something lighter for hikes. So long story short Amazon sent me a picture of the tripod “delivered,” but it wasn’t at my front door stoop. I’m not sure if it was delivered to the wrong address or it was stolen, but I let Amazon know. They launched an “investigation” into the matter. By the way this is a $600+ tripod. So today I find out they’ve ruled against me and I have zero recourse. They don’t ever require a signature and they don’t insure packages regardless of the costs. So I highly recommend you stay clear of Amazon for any and all camera buying unless it’s low value. I’ve also heard many of the other issues like parts missing out of boxes, people getting bricks or rocks delivered inside a camera box, etc. However my recent experience really opened my eyes, and I’m just glad it wasn’t a D5 or something more value able. I still can’t afford a $600 loss, but it could be worse is what I mean. Let my painful experience be a warning and I hope you all take my advice that I’ve learned the hard way. Since Amazon now handles their own shipping, unlike in the past when they used USPS or FedEx, your now screwed if they lose your package or it’s stolen, etc!

Nikon D5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tko
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow