Air blower

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Merlin5 Forum Member • Posts: 93
Air blower

Hi guys, brand new here

Brand new to photography too, only had my gear about a week. All used in very good condition; a 5D mk2, Canon 50mm f1.8 STM and a Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC. Very happy with it all, and learning my way around the camera and photography in general. I've taken a few photos using Tv, Av and manual. I will never use full auto. I think they came out ok, but I need to work on getting better sharpness.

I've got five questions about cleaning products, hope that's ok.

Do I need a Giotto rocket air blower or would a cheaper one be good enough? There's loads on Amazon. If you say there's a reason why I should definitely get the Giotto then I will.

As far as lens cleaning, is it bad to use a dry microfibre cloth, (after blowing with the blower), or must there be cleaning fluid applied to the cloth every time? I've got a microfibre cloth brand new in a plastic wallet from the optician dedicated just to the camera.

Do you think lenspen is worth getting or stick with using a cloth? I've read mixed opinions on it.

I noticed several dust spots on images at f22. Not sure how often if at all I'll use f22, but would you say I should go ahead and do a sensor clean or leave it alone? I know how to do it having watched videos and I'm fairly confident to give it a go, but I also know it's risky.

And finally, if I do a sensor clean, can I use the sensor cleaning fluid for cleaning lenses?

Many thanks.

Merlin5's gear list:Merlin5's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow