Z6 and Sigma 100-400mm C - a few bird shots

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tsinvest Senior Member • Posts: 1,267
Z6 and Sigma 100-400mm C - a few bird shots

Hi All,

Quite often I come to this forum for advice and always get a lot of it. I thought I would pay it back by posting a few bird photos taken with the Z6 and the Sigma 100-400mm lens. When I originally bought the Z6 I wasn't thinking of using it for my bird photos, I have a D7500 for that. As most of you know a crop sensor (DX) gives you extra reach with the same lens than you would get on a full frame sensor. Nevertheless I was pleasantly surprised when I tried my Sigma 100-400 on the Z6 with the FTZ adapter.

So, here are a few shots I thought may help anyone considering this combination. These are all JPG and straight from the camera. If you zoom in on the birds you will get an idea of what this combination is capable of. Click on the photo then click on Jpeg, when the next screen opens mouse over the bird and left click to zoom.The birds in the tree are about 17 feet from the camera and the squirrel in the bird bath is about 26 feet away.

-- hide signature --

Thanks, Tom
my Instagram gallery...
https://www.instagram.com/photos_all_kinds

tsinvest's gear list:tsinvest's gear list
Canon G7 X II Nikon D7500 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +17 more
Nikon D7500 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow