When it comes down to it what Really is the difference between Olympus and Panasonic

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Michael J Davis
Michael J Davis Veteran Member • Posts: 3,625
Re: Bird life

Guy Parsons wrote:

pattymeboy wrote:

Ok, fair enough

Well that explains it, a flying rat, god, that conjures a terrible mental image! lol

Yup, when I was working in the city (Sydney) many years ago (1959-1962), I used to time my lunch breaks early so I could do my usual work during customer workplace lunchtimes. First maintaining mechanical cash registers and later mechanical accounting machines in banks, NCR , remember them in their glory days?

Being the first one in the city park with a sandwich in my hand meant that I was a target for the pigeons. The best case was one day sitting peacefully on the park bench, unwrapped the sandwich and pow! a pigeon landed on my wrist and started pecking at my sandwich. Usually they just stuck around on the ground in amongst my feet picking at the inevitable bits of sandwich that missed my face hole.

Of course, you are referring to feral pigeons, but their cousins - Stock doves and Wood pigeons - are delightful creatures!

The Wood pigeon in our cherry tree

Mike

-- hide signature --

Mike Davis
Photographing the public for over 60 years
www.flickr.com/photos/watchman

Michael J Davis's gear list:Michael J Davis's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
sbu
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow