why do digital files colours looks so bad without post

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
MOD Biggs23 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,894
Re: why do digital files colours looks so bad without post

knickerhawk wrote:

Biggs23 wrote:

knickerhawk wrote:

I don't think so.

"I don't think so" = I've got no substantive response.

You ignored my substantive response. I believe the angle precludes it from being him. You disagree. What's more to say?

I see ZERO resemblance between the shot of the girl in the car and the original Brad Pitt and Joaquin Phoenix shots. I see ZERO resemblance in the other shot of the same girl posted in the article either:

Minus the poor image quality, SOOC look, and no quality or directionality of light?

It's a "look" that's very popular in commercial fashion photography, in no small part because of the efforts of this particular photographer. "SOOC" is the photographer's intent.

Popularity is irrelevant to quality. McDonald's burgers.

I certainly don't *know* that they are, I simply suspect. Even if they aren't, these are mediocre images captured by a photographer that doesn't care about photography.

LOL. They are images captured by one of the world's best known fashion and fine art photographers.

A name does not talent make.

Don't confuse Teller's trademark casual look with carelessness. .

Oh, I wasn't. I was simply paraphrasing the shooter's own words about himself. Quoted from the very article you linked to: "I'm not interested in photography, I'm interested in how I can express my ideas and feelings."

He's successfully cultivated that look for many years now to considerable success.

Which is, again, irrelevant to quality.

-- hide signature --

Any opinions I express are my own and do not represent DPReview. I'm just a regular poster unless explicitly stated otherwise in the body of the post.
https://500px.com/biggs23

Biggs23's gear list:Biggs23's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D5 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow