What were your reasons going with a mirrorless Nikon camera?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
quintana Regular Member • Posts: 386
Re: What were your reasons going with a mirrorless Nikon camera?

I used lots of Nikon DSLRs and always liked the image quality and ergonomics. But I wanted a mirrorless camera for quite a while because an EVF suits my shooting style very much, mostly because I can precisely check focus for landscape shots without taking the camera off my eye and without the sun making the rear LCD almost unusable.

Unfortunately Nikon entered the market a bit too late for me and so I used Fuji cameras for one and a half years. Although they were also nice I didn't enjoy the use of them as much as with the Nikon cameras, so I ultimately changed back to Nikon.

First I bought a used Z7 but after I tried out the two DX kit lenses for the Z mount I was convinced that the Z50 is enough for me. The 24 MP output of my Fujis was enough for my purposes and the 21 MP of my D500 (the last DSLR before I switched to Fuji) also so why should that have changed with the Z50. Plus as a landscape photographer my main goal is to achieve sharp photos from corner to corner at medium to small apertures and base ISO. And the Z50 with the two DX lenses deliver exactly that. I am glad that I can now cover 24-375mm FF equivalent with decent image quality and all that with a very light kit that won't be cumbersome even during longer hikes.

quintana's gear list:quintana's gear list
Nikon Z50 Nikon Z 16-50mm F3.5-6.3 VR Nikon Z 50-250mm F4.5-6.3 VR
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
MOD Biggs23
NCB
Jd3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow