Adobe Price increases (but not a don't like Adobe post!)

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
OP davidevans1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,745
Re: Adobe Price increases (but not a don't like Adobe post!)

BillyBobSenna wrote:

David, you need to decide if the Adobe software is good value for you. For some people, the subscription is chump change and the decision is a no brainer. For others, the subscription can be a very significant.

I find the Adobe subscription one of the best values in photography. Considering how much I use the software and the high impact it has on my photos the value is huge.

Thanks Billy Bob

I've decided to stay with Adobe but reduce back down to the 20GB plan at £9.98 a month, which I'm happy with.

When I rationalised it I am still doing 95% of my posting in LR CC Classic so it's fine for me to have preview sized images in LR CC rather than full sized images on Adobe Cloud.

I subscribe to Microsoft 365 and have OneDrive that I'm hardly using, so will start using that for backups off site.

I use a Sony A7R4 and do see a slight but perceptible graininess in unprocessed raw images at 100% in LR and PS, especially in areas like blue skies. This isn't there when opened in Capture One or DXO Photolab. However I very much doubt its going to be noticable post processed and when either printed or viewed on screen and aything less than 100% and in anycase. I may try and create my own raw import preset or see if anyone else has already done one that's available.

I'm happy to stick with LR Adobe.

Thanks again.

-- hide signature --

David

davidevans1's gear list:davidevans1's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jfw
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow