The "new" feature (that the R5 gets)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RLight Senior Member • Posts: 2,476
The "new" feature (that the R5 gets)

https://snapshot.canon-asia.com/article/en/3-ways-that-imagecanon-will-change-your-photography-experience

"From the EOS R5 onwards, all future Canon cameras that support auto-transfer will be able to automatically upload image and video files to image.canon upon connection to a Wi-Fi network that is registered on the camera.*"

Right there people, announced some time ago. Auto-transfer to Canon's new cloud service via WiFi.

That's probably the "new" feature.

Surprised nobody caught this.

That's actually useful, actually. I haven't tried their service, but presumably if you have a fast enough internet connection, say Japan/Korea, or gigabit, sure.

For folks like me with a 6MB upload courtesy of Comcast, probably not so useful, unless I change my ISP to fiber prim and proper for symmetrical upload/download.

RLight's gear list:RLight's gear list
Canon G5 X II Canon EOS R Canon RF 28-70mm F2L USM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3
Ricoh Caplio R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow