What were your reasons going with a mirrorless Nikon camera?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Raymond Cho Senior Member • Posts: 2,094
What were your reasons going with a mirrorless Nikon camera?

I am still one of those with a dSLR.  I can see mirrorless is beneficial with video, like many I only still images.  Mirrorless can also adapt many lenses but I don't have that many other lenses.  I also tend to stick with native lenses per that system camera.  If I were to get a Nikon Z camera the lenses I would eventually use with it would pretty much be Z lenses.  A bit more compact but then again, FF mirrorless setup isn't exactly a holiday / street camera althou one could deliberately pack a smaller lens and use fewer lenses.  There is that electronic viewfinder but I found it was just getting used to it, people pretty much accepted an optical viewfinder with SLRs before ...... Maybe in the future it would be more about or only about mirrorless but SLR gear will continue to function ........ I can see how some users might feel better with a system is currently supported by the manufacturer thou.

Love to hear your reasons for going with mirrorless ....

Cheers.

Raymond Cho's gear list:Raymond Cho's gear list
Ricoh GR Nikon D70 Nikon D600 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +13 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
MOD Biggs23
NCB
Jd3
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow