Precision Ink - Denied

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
jrkliny
jrkliny Veteran Member • Posts: 4,238
Re: OEM ink only for me

Francis Sawyer wrote:

Hey Jim,

That's good info. What utility do you use to ensure that every jet gets flushed with the cleaning fluid? I have an Epson P400 and will probably need to do this.

Thanks!

When I shut my printer down for travel, I load up Piezo Flush cartridges.  It takes a couple of deep clean cycles to completely flush all the ink out.  I then clean the underside of the print head and the capping station.  Inkjetmall has a video that shows all the steps.  It is pretty simple.  When I return and flush reprime with inks, it also takes at least 1 full cleaning cycle.  Two would be better.  This does use quite a bit of ink, probably about 10% of every cartridge so maybe $10-20 worth of ink total for what I have been paying.

I would guess the PF cleaning is probably worth doing every year or so anyway.  I suspect it removes precipitates from entire ink system and print head.

-- hide signature --
 jrkliny's gear list:jrkliny's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS Rebel T6s Canon EOS 90D Canon EF 35mm F2.0 Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow