FOR SALE: Ricoh GRDiii + GW-2 + GH-2 + extras GR Digital iii

Started Jul 1, 2020 | For sale thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MiguelATF
MiguelATF Regular Member • Posts: 427
FOR SALE: Ricoh GRDiii + GW-2 + GH-2 + extras GR Digital iii

Am selling my lightly used Ricoh GRD iii - aka Ricoh Digital iii - aka Ricoh GRD3 - plus a handful of seriously cool accessories. This is the 10mp ultra-small and ultra-pocketable Ricoh, with a fast f/1.9 lens which is the focal length equivalent of a classic 28mm lens. It's a camera which has been beloved and used by generations of street photographers, and not merely because of its built-in 'snap focus' mode. It also has a built-in flash and a rather cool close-up or Macro focusing mode.

I'm also including what I believe are the best accessories for GRD series - namely the wide-conversion lens - aka GW-2 - which transforms a 28mm fov into an ultra-wide 21mm fov. The GW-2 requires an adapter - the GH-2 - which I'm also including. And I'm including the nifty Ricoh factory lens hood, which fits onto the GH-2. (A minor note - to put the GH-2 on, one must remove the tiny 'lens ring' that fits around the front of the lens; and they are easy to misplace or lose. Who knows why Ricoh designed it this way? Not me.)

The camera also two other vital accessories - a protector for the rear LCD screen, made by ACMAXX and which I installed when I first bought the camera -- and a 3rd-party plug-in battery charger (something Ricoh doesn't include with any of the GRD or GR series).

I don't have either the original box or the original manual though the manual is available in PDF form nearly everywhere. I'm not including a case either. The GRDiii is so tiny it fits easily in almost any pocket; there are excellent cases and pouches available, depending on if you just want to carry the camera alone, or the camera with the added GH2 + GW2, which makes it a little chunkier.

As it's a small-sensor wonder - "only" 10mp - it doesn't equal the newer APS-C GR's in terms of resolving power - but it makes up for that in terms of fun and pocketability. The snap-focus feature makes it a long-term favorite for street photography, and the small-sensor means it has excellent Macro performance. I've used it for street photography, for portraits, for macro shots and for landscapes - it's amazingly versatile.

I'm the 2nd owner and the camera is in very, very good shape. I'm selling it because I have a few too many cameras and it isn't getting used much - and a camera this nice deserves to be used more.

Reasonable shipping costs to be shared by Buyer and Seller. Price-wise, I'm pricing it at slightly under what the whole thing cost me - in the hopes of making it affordable.

Camera and GH-2 + GW-2

Front of camera, lens closed

Top of camera, lens extended (in 'Power On' position)

Bottom of camera, lens closed (Power 'Off' position)

Rear of camera, looking through LCD screen (with ACMAXX screen protector on)

Front of camera with Lens-Hood mounted on GH-2

Top of Camera with Lens Hood mounted on GH-2

Front of camera with GW-2 (Wide Conversion lens) mounted on GH-2 adapter

Top of camera, with GW-2 (Wide Conversion lens) mounted on GH-2 adapter

Bottom of camera, with GW-2 (wide conversion lens) mounted on GH-2 adapter

Front of camera, close on GW-2 (wide conversion lens) mounted on GH-2 adapter

GH-2 (adapter) + GW-2 (wide conversion lens), with top and bottom lens caps in place

-- hide signature --

"I photograph to find out what something will look like photographed."
~Garry Winogrand~
Ipernity: http://www.ipernity.com/home/1647950
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/migueltejadaflores/
Blog: http://migueltejadaflores.wordpress.com

MiguelATF's gear list:MiguelATF's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Olympus Stylus 1s Pentax Q Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus PEN E-P5 +11 more
FOR SALE STATUS:
Thread closed
View using Google Maps: Talent, OR, United States

Ricoh GR Digital III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow