why do digital files colours looks so bad without post

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Flowchart
Flowchart Senior Member • Posts: 1,390
Re: why do digital files colours looks so bad without post

You are probably on to something here and for the OP the ohotographer has been careful with the white balance and have been using a colour checker (of some sort too). I do wonder about the lighting though as it has an outdoors (shade look to it). It's not even unthinkable that he is using fake rooms to get the look.i.e shot outside.

EDIT: I now see that the car one IS shot outside (I'm reading on a phone)

Jimmy Simpleton wrote:

Some thoughts:

One reason for the "high end" look could be their restraint and subtlety. In way too many "pro" shots, we see obvious effects, such as retouching and the use of reflectors/beauty dishes (this is apparent in the image in your second post). To some, these are cheap parlor tricks (aka "contrived").

The other reason, which might follow from the first, is the authenticity they exude. The poses are mostly natural and the camera might not even be level in the 2nd. In an era of rampant fakery, authenticity -- or at least the semblance of it -- has an undeniable cachet.

I think that pro photography, like fashion styles, evolves over time. Perhaps these examples are part of a new trend?

-- hide signature --

Knew very little about photography when I decided to buy the awesome Nikon D70; learned quickly that this expensive camera didn't make me a good photographer.
Http://KristerP.wordpress.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow