Charging 5DIV batteries with battery pack?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
EAV ATL New Member • Posts: 5
Charging 5DIV batteries with battery pack?

Prepping for a 7 day wilderness trip with no access to electricity. Need a way to have enough power for my 5D IV so I can take all the photos and video I need.

Solar I’ve moved on from as too expensive and inefficient. Now looking at small battery packs.

Smallest and cheapest are USB out for phones etc, but wondering if there’s a way with an adapter etc to charge the camera batteries?

Larger and more expensive are AC out (2 prong) battery packs. Here is becomes a question of how many charges are there in a battery pack. I’m not sure how to properly calculate that and I’m sure there is some power loss in the recharge process. Looking at an 88 Wh / 24000 mAh 80 W pack.

Or do I just purchase more camera batteries? They’re small, lightweight and if I charge all up before getting on the river and I manage power, potentially the most efficient.

Thoughts and especially experience on multi day remote trips appreciated!
Thanks!!!!

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow