Using xrite software to create DNG profiles in LR

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mcslsk Veteran Member • Posts: 5,539
Using xrite software to create DNG profiles in LR

After using Adobe DNG Profile Editor to create profiles for my cameras, my first encounter with the xrite software was less than satisfactory. Whatever I did, no matter which time of the day or exposure, the resulting profile consistently rendered some colors oversaturated.

Putting a cc24 image with the Adobe Standarad profile applied side by side to a cc24 image with the xrite profile applied, a 10-20 point reduction in Vibrance (depending on the camera) brings the saturation of the cc24 patches to a comparable level so that only the differences in hue remain between the Adobe Profile and the xrite profile (mainly in the blue and red area, where I like the xrite result better). For my a6500, reduction of Vibrance is -10, for the RX100III it is -13, and for the EOS R it is -20.

mcslsk's gear list:mcslsk's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6500 Sony a7 III Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +53 more
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow