Wobbly Sensor on Nikon Z7 on video

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Thomas English Junior Member • Posts: 42
Wobbly Sensor on Nikon Z7 on video

I am no stranger to shooting very lightweight video cameras being a feature films camera operator often working on stunt units. I've used the gamut of Olympus pens through canon 5Ds and off-course Reds and Alexas.

Look has anyone else noticed that the sensor is wobbling about all the time on the Nikon Z7. Stabilization fully turned off. I am getting what I can only describe as sensor shake or micro wobbles all the time! Not when your standing still but the slightest tremor like footsteps shakes the sensor.

Sensor stabilization turned on the camera is completely useless with that annoying laggy look.

But with it turned off it is like the sensor isn't tied down. Doing handheld tracking shots i.e. walking with the camera. it just doesn't look good.

I've had the footage in syntheyes for 3D tracking and I see the few pixel microshakes.

Anyone else noticed that this camera is basically useless handheld for video?

Canon EOS 5DS Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow