With rumors of a Z8, where does the Z7 fit in?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Chris Mak Senior Member • Posts: 2,459
Re: It's a good question

rokoko wrote:

The limitation of current Z6/Z7 firmware updates seemed to be certain. I had a chance testing the 20/1.8 last weekend, and asked Nikon couple of questions. What they explained was hardware related restriction, which prevented the AF performance upgrade.

That is terribly vague though. I'm sure there are hardware limitations, but I am also sure that Nikon was a lot more specific about what it is that is preventing better AF, than simply stating that it is the hardware? Not meaning to imply that your input has no value, but it would be far less subject to all sorts of speculating if people were a bit more careful and precise when making statements on whether the AF performance of the Z6/Z7 can be further improved by firmware updates, or not, and describe why not, if that is the case, certainly when claiming that it comes directly from Nikon.

Chris Mak's gear list:Chris Mak's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 24mm F1.8 S
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
jfw
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NCB
NCB
(unknown member)
FKS
FKS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow