When it comes down to it what Really is the difference between Olympus and Panasonic

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
Bassam Guy Senior Member • Posts: 1,574
Re: On which planet ?

Harold66 wrote:

Garry Schaefer wrote:

As a follow up, a few points. I have been using Oly cameras since the old E10. The structure of the menus have evolved but have had general consistency which has become second nature to me. My one foray into Panasonic was for a G3 converted to IR. I have found their control setup to be awkward, mainly due to unfamiliarity.

You touch a very important point in your post , which is that once you are used to a certain user interface and menu organisation you will get accustomed and comfortable with , especially if you do not go back and forth between different brands and their own user interface

I was too an olympus guy since the E1 and have stayed with Olympus for a decade . I did not like some of the menus but because I became used to the great Super control Panel which helped a lot in everyday use

As models became more advanced , I was able to rely on some very useful extra functions . I , for instance , enjoyed using the high res mode and the back focus button , which were VERY poorly implemented on the em5 mARK II :-xeven for those who had practice with the olympus menu:-(

??? BBF is assigned to the button on the lever when in MF mode on my E-M5 II. What could be simpler?

when I got the G9 as a back up body to my em5II , those two functions could be understood and remembered within a matter of seconds

I believe that olympus may have changed this on more recent bodies but that was too late for me

Once my camera has been set up, I generally utilize the buttons and dials, and occasionally the Super Control Panel when shooting. I seldom ever need to go to the menu when shooting.

yes but see above

So yes, I am a very happy camper on this very planet.

good

Bassam Guy's gear list:Bassam Guy's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M5 III Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
sbu
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow