Software Question

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
jrkliny
jrkliny Veteran Member • Posts: 4,240
Re: Software Question

Distinctly Average wrote:

jrkliny wrote:

Taxon wrote:

I feel we have to start complaining to Canon about the slowliness of DPP. And ask them to hire a bunch of good programmers in order to get a new and fast version of DPP.

If DPP is running as a sick turtle when handling 90d's RAWs, I'm asking myself how it will be managing R5 files.

Look at Topaz products. They are even slower and do less work. Instead maybe the question should be what short cuts and compromises are being made for Photoshop to get rapid results.

I work in IT, have done for my whole career. There are many ways to optimise code to make it faster without compromising results. Instead what people should be asking is, why is Photoshop the de facto package for almost every pro photographer and design house on the planet? If it is as poor as you seem to feel, why do we not see millions of poor results?

You will have to decide for yourself what is good and what is poor and what is in between.  DPP4 has great noise reduction, clearly much better than Adobe.  It also handles the noise reduction by default settings with little or no additional tinkering needed.   DPP4 will give results that are astounding for retrieving details normally lost to diffraction.  If you are not interested, then don't bother.  If those sound valuable to the way you shoot or for at least some special applications, then you might want to do the comparison for yourself.  Don't take my word for it, do the studies yourself.

-- hide signature --
 jrkliny's gear list:jrkliny's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS Rebel T6s Canon EOS 90D Canon EF 35mm F2.0 Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow