Informative Video on the Sigma FP: Why log is irrelevant and info on color gamut

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
tantalum181
tantalum181 Regular Member • Posts: 116
Re: Informative Video on the Sigma FP: Why log is irrelevant and info on color gamut

D Cox wrote:

tagscuderia wrote:

Markr041 wrote:

It is long but you get a clear explanation of why when shooting dngRAW you do NOT need a log profile in the camera. Essentially, the sensor is linear and RAW captures all the sensor information. You can apply a log profile in post.

I'm no filmmaker/videographer and pay little to no attention to video specs et al but... even I know that Log is for those NOT wanting to capture CinemaDNG; 10-bit H.264/265 is far more manageable than RAW and fits into filmmakers' existing workflows.

The fp's USP is full-frame RAW at an aggressive price point, but CinemaDNG creates all sorts of demands that (seemingly) a lot of people don't want to be faced with. It's why internally recording to ProRes LOG is also highly requested.

P.S. cardinal sin of commenting on the internet... I haven't watched the video

I remember watching it before, I think soon after the fp first came out.

The youtube video is dated May 1, 2020, so hopefully very recent.

bob

-- hide signature --

Look where you want to go. Don't look where you don't want to go.

tantalum181's gear list:tantalum181's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Sigma DP2 Merrill Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Olympus Tough TG-4 Sigma SD1 Merrill +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow