What focal length do you wish you could natively use?

Started 3 days ago | Discussions thread
OP John Keiffer Junior Member • Posts: 32
Re: What focal length do you wish you could natively use?

Dr_J wrote:

I mentioned this before, but I'd like a XF 200mm f/4 R WR LM OIS - as small and as compact as possible, hopefully smaller and lighter than the XF55-200 zoom.

This would give me a lightweight 300mm FF equiv. option. The problem with this focal length is that there are no lenses like that to adapt to Fuji. There are f/2.8 lenses but they are larger and heavier, but no 200mm f/4 lenses. I'm not worried about shallower DoF. Even at f/4 it's plenty enough for me.

While I don't need lenses that long, I do think that we miss out on opportunities to make things smaller and lighter. I'm using the 18-55 f/2.8-4 kit zoom. Since the 2.8 goes away quickly, I think an f/4 lens would have been better for the same kind of reasons you list for your long lens wants. I don't like variable aperture lenses, and I don't need big, heavy, or expensive 2.8 zooms. They have their place for professional work, but I don't think most people are professional.

-- hide signature --

John

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow