Will HDR Kill Flash?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
AOC
AOC Regular Member • Posts: 423
Re: Snip-snip; thread clean-up

Smaug01 wrote:

Guys, when someone replies in a flaming or uncivil way, please just flag the post; don't reply. If you spend a lot of energy replying, to put the poster in his place, it:

• Turns into a flame war
  • gets deleted, since it's nested below the first uncivil post.

I left posts intact which made the point, but without personal attacks and such, but some of the replies that were nested under the uncivil post fell prey, as a couple dozen posts were culled.

If you have been around awhile, you'll have noticed there are some senior members who are able to make their points without personal attacks, no matter how emotionally charged the thread becomes. These are our role models, as they have learned a lot in life about how people work.

Much appreciated, Jeremy.

Some of those intolerant of views counter to theirs have long used the "I view the topic as bait-worthy, so now I have a license to bash posters and impugn their motives" as an excuse for their unbecoming conduct and lack of impulse control (after all, they could choose not to engage with any thread that doesn't suit their tastes).

This sends a message that their behavior will no longer be tolerated.

This is commendable, a welcome change, thank you, and perfectly aligns with the trajectory of the market (DPR recently did a prominent 3-parter on Computational Photography, for one).

With gratitude.

-- hide signature --

Cl..Clos..Closinnggg...in...?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AOC
AOC
AOC
MOD Biggs23
(unknown member)
MOD Smaug01
AOC
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
AOC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow