Who is buying an R5?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
Zeee Forum Pro • Posts: 20,602
Re: Who is buying an R5?

1Dx4me wrote:

Zeee wrote:

1Dx4me wrote:

detail and sharpness is very good for using tc 2.0 III. i wouldn't dare using that tc with my 100400 II, using my AF for birding but this photo has changed my mind but then of course, i'd be using my dslrs and i am sure that makes a difference!

My keeper rate is not great using that combo.

My DSLR's would not AF at f11. Both my 7D2 and 5D4 struggled with AF using my 400 DO II and 2X. I had to keep pumping the BBF to try and get it to focus when in AI Servo and a moving target. When it did decide to focus I questioned it's tracking accuracy.

On the R that combo AF snapped in. The only issues were blackout which was tougher for BIF and lack of horsepower. I was not 100% confident with it's tracking but it was better than the DLSR's.

well, most of the time when my lenses hunt for AF, i just turn them off and use MF and works pretty well for me. i find, and i am sure many others, AF hunting very annoying to say the least!

Yes it can be. If you Deactivate Lens drive when AF is impossible it will AF. It just has to be close. Pre-focus as close to the subject as you can and it won't hunt. Pay attention to the Focus Distance Range. I found my 400 DO II was really sensitive to that.

-- hide signature --

I feel even more confident that soon things will have a wonderful conclusion

Zeee's gear list:Zeee's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS R Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow