* The Weekly Image Thread 20 06 28 #446 *

Started 1 week ago | Photos thread
EZGritz
EZGritz Senior Member • Posts: 1,799
Re: Missing Motorsports

Less coffee that morning?

Lens, distance, speed of the cars?

Usually had a short lens on the PL7 and a longer one on the EM/5. Used the PL7 with interesting results once when the EM5 shutter broke. Cars were flying in these photos, near 100MPH, the fastest cars on track that morning, most mornings. If you look at the resolution of the crops you see the images are pretty good. I deleted most of them. If I could can count rivets on cars going by in a second or two at 100MPH I thought as was doing pretty good with a PL7, for me at the time.

I liked the PL7 a lot, gave it up because it only had one top-plate dial. You could flip the screen down, take a selfie with it. Good for casual travel photography. Small, light, fit my hands with a half case. It's been in the used case at the store where I traded it for 6 months with a clip on EVF. Makes me want to buy it back but kind of ridiculous to sell it to them for $150 and buy it back for $300+ 10% sales tax.

EZGritz's gear list:EZGritz's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M5 III Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow