A Soon To Be New Fujifilm User... Who needs some help.

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
James Kurzynski Junior Member • Posts: 43
A Soon To Be New Fujifilm User... Who needs some help.

Greetings!

It's a long story, but in about a week I will be the proud owner of a Fuji x-t2 along with a 16mm 1.4 and the 50-140. There's a lot of reasons why I am moving into Fuji that I'll share another time, but I wanted to get some specific help for moving into the system on a budget.

I live on limited funds and need to be careful where I put my pennies. Question: Would those of you who use Fuji X series lenses say that a 50-140mm with a 2x teleconverter is comparable to the 100-400 or is the denigration of image quality with the teleconverter too extreme? I read some other posts on this subject, but they kinda went in rather odd directions. I'm just looking for advice from those who have practical experience using the teleconverter with the 50-140 in comparison to the 100-400 without a teleconverter.

The reason I ask is that I do enjoy doing a little bird photography from time to time. Obviously, I would love to get the 200mm f/2 with the 1.4 tele, but that costs almost as much as my car. Birds are not my primary focus, so these images would just be for fun, but I still want them to be sharp and of good quality.

Thanks!

James Kurzynski's gear list:James Kurzynski's gear list
Tokina 16-28mm F2.8
Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow