A big camera kit bag - how many hours do you spend outside with it?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
santamonica812 Contributing Member • Posts: 963
Re: A big camera kit bag - how many hours do you spend outside with it?

I did 4 round the world trips, with my film camera, digital camera, 4 lenses, plus all the filters, film, batteries, tripod, etc..  I would take my camera backpack out for up to 15 hours in a day.  Usually much less.  I'd say about 5 hours of walking and lugging around my stuff, on average.

The downside was that it was, of course, quite heavy and bulky.  Lots of times I would watch people zoom on by with nothing but their cell phone cameras.

But, I *always* had the right lens for the moment, which they did not.  And, after those trips, I was able to sell enough  (magazines and fine art prints) to pay for the entire 4 years of travel.  Which would have been impossible without my range of equipment.

On the other hand, if I were traveling and my only photographic purpose was to take photos for my own memories (or to share with friends/family), then I'd be very happy with a much more basic and lighter camera, along with a cell phone for walking around photography.

All depends on what you end goal is with your photography.  That will likely inform your equipment choices.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
(unknown member)
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
YWG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow