Show Your Snaps...June 29, 2020

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
benjilafouine Veteran Member • Posts: 3,003
Re: They’re finally showing up!

Hike Pics wrote:

I like Goldfinches. They seem to not mind being photographed. And they stand out visually as well.

Just wondering, how do you keep the squirrels off the fountain?

So far, they haven’t been a problem (I just install this bath two weeks ago, I had some in Montreal but not here), they stay on the ground and of course, it is not peanut day every day! We have foxes and coyotes here and some stray cats this year so squirrels are on the lookout. One of my bird feeder is a DYI one and I doubt squirrels will be able to climb it (made of plumbing PVC, very slippery). For the metal one or other surfaces where they can climb, seems like WD40 deters them but I still have to try that (seems like they hate the smell). Or some white grease like shortening can do the job as well.

Cross my fingers!

-- hide signature --

Regards,
There is always something to shoot/snap, you just have to know how to do it and have the right gear.
Benji

benjilafouine's gear list:benjilafouine's gear list
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot SX110 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Canon PowerShot G16 Canon EOS 40D +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow