why is it that when someone buys an olympus camera now...

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nacha Regular Member • Posts: 216
why is it that when someone buys an olympus camera now...

there are some members that jump on asking why that individual did not wait for the big sale that they are sure is coming?  from a market place viewpoint there is no guarantee that   big, "fire sale" , historic discounts will occur at all,  let alone sometime in the immediate future. not knowing how long olympus has been planning this, there is no information as to the quantity of inventory that need to be dissolved.  also, some people would rather purchase an item when the timing is right for them, rather than waiting for this sale which may never come to fruition. perhaps when  discounts do present, the pricing delta may  be such that the difference would not have made a financial impact for the purchasing individual when considering  the time they actually had to wait for the discounts to come about without the use of the camera they wanted.

fo me, with my investments in the m43 system, it was worth it to buy now. i will have the opportunity to use it, if things come up, like doa, or other issues, i have time to deal w it before potential radical changes to olympus support/service.

my prediction: thoses waiting for the "fire sale/all items must go! its like stealing only legal" types of discounts will be disappointed, either by not happening at all, or by finally occurring in the distant future such that one wont really care anymore.

be well.

Nacha's gear list:Nacha's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow