Do you buy new EF lenses?

Started 3 days ago | Discussions thread
Zeee Forum Pro • Posts: 20,571
Re: Do you buy new EF lenses?

I won't be buying anymore EF lenses. I'll probably get the 100-500 (as long as IQ is good) to take advantage of the 3 extra pins to get the full high speed transmission benefits. Then I'll see what else Canon comes up with later.

Astonishing Autofocus and Subject Detection

The EOS R5 brings subject detection to a new level – Utilizing Canon’s Dual Pixel CMOS AF Technology, the EOS R5 will be capable of making Ultra-High-Speed Autofocus calculations to match its immensely powerful High-Speed Shooting capability of 20 fps. Subject detection adopted from the Live View AF tracking system in the EOS-1D X Mark III brings Face, Head and even Eye tracking when People detection is set, providing ease and accuracy when capturing stills or video. Detection of Animals will also be possible for the first time in a Canon camera, effectively tracking the whole body, face, or eye of cats, dogs, or birds for speed and precision.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/explore/product-showcases/cameras-and-lenses/eos-r5

Who knows if the R5 manual will say 8 and 16 fps for EF lenses? The R has a High Speed Display option but it only works for RF lenses. Until it is reviewed and someone compares EF and RF lenses no one knows for sure if there will be some negative effects with EF lenses, if any.

I'm also going to check out the 800 DO but I'm not sure about that one yet. l

-- hide signature --

I feel even more confident that soon things will have a wonderful conclusion

Zeee's gear list:Zeee's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS R Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow