What Essential Accessories Do You Recommend for the Fujifilm X-T4?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
Kevin Muldoon
OP Kevin Muldoon Regular Member • Posts: 112
Re: What Essential Accessories Do You Recommend for the Fujifilm X-T4?

yayatosorus wrote:

Hi, one thing you should also consider is the card performance relative to your camera, as some cards will work better on some cameras than others. So although one card may have a higher theoretical read/write speed in comparison to the competition, it may very well be irrelevant when applied to your camera.

I also want to disclaim, that I've seen some negative reviews online concerning Lexar's QC, so I'd advise against buying large capacity SD cards, since you may loose a lot of work if one was to go belly up, that is unless you intend to write to both card simultaneously. Personally I've never had any issues with SD cards, then again I never get in a situation where my gear would get abused, so it depends on your workflow and your needs.

As for the Sony tough series, they're essentially element-resistant repackaged cards. You could get "regular" equivalent Sony cards for a lower price and you shouldn't see a decrease in performance.

Here's a SD card benchmark with the X-T3 . I'd suggest watching out when (or if) they drop an X-T4 test.

Thanks. That's a good point.

I read similar comments about certain cards not working with the Panasonic GH5. There's a lot of discussions online about recording at 400 Mpbs with that camera as it was one of the first cameras to get it.

I've bought dozens of cards over the years. Mostly, I've not had any problems, but I have had a few Sandisk cards from Amazon that turned out to be fake (I suspect there are more counterfeit cards for SanDisk as they're the most popular memory card brand).

Appreciate the link to that article. It's good to see specific results for the Fuji X-T3 (which I assume will be similar with the X-T4).

What cards have you been using?

Kevin Muldoon's gear list:Kevin Muldoon's gear list
Sony RX10 II Sony a6500 Fujifilm X-T4 Sony X3000R Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (E/EF-M mounts) +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow