Does the 90D have a real focus problem?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
jrkliny
jrkliny Veteran Member • Posts: 4,238
Re: Does the 90D have a real focus problem?

Crotonmark wrote:

I was just testing for Sharpness. It is my current obsession. Glad you thought it was sharp

As for NOISE - when I move the LR sliders around to remove Noise - nothing much happens. I set a high ISO because it was dark out (going to pour) and I wanted to keep trying.

is this sharp? Looks sharp to me but at this point I have photographed everything around my house and I am out of ideas. I hope it is sharp

Something seems to be going wrong with your processing.  First the image at ISO800 just does not look right.  It is very grainy, almost splotchy.  You should not have that strange grain and appearance at only ISO800.  If you are moving the sliders and not seeing anything, I cannot understand why.  Are you looking full size or with magnification?

I have a recommendation that might help.  I recommend you shoot raw plus jpeg.  Use the "L", large, jpeg.  Let the camera do all the work and do not do any additional processing for the out of camera jpegs.  Then do some pixel peeping and compare it with whatever is happening with the processed raw files.  My guess is you will see good results for the jpegs.

-- hide signature --
 jrkliny's gear list:jrkliny's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS Rebel T6s Canon EOS 90D Canon EF 35mm F2.0 Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow