Phabulous Phour-Dollar Phalaenopsis

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Marianne Oelund Veteran Member • Posts: 7,788
Phabulous Phour-Dollar Phalaenopsis

There they stood in a remote corner of the store's floor, forlorn, rejected and neglected, waiting patiently for a little love. Still beautiful, but clearly approaching the end of their bloom life, three orchids caught my eye. One in particular, with gleaming magenta flowers, was irresistible, especially after a glance at the price tag: $4! Are they crazy? No, I would be crazy to pass on this one, so into my cart it went.

The trip home did cause loss of a couple of blooms due to its delicate condition, but it still held plenty of attractiveness and stood proudly on display in our family room. Several weeks later, it was done, only its robust leaves and two stems remaining. My friend, who successfully cares for many orchids at home, pruned the stems down and set it aside.

About two weeks later, we were surprised and excited to see that both stems had sprouted a new branch each. The branches grew out as identical twins, each sporting 3 flower buds. The miraculous rebirth unfolded into spectacular new blooms, one by one, until all 6 had made their appearance.

Featuring the last bloom, here is a 3D pair courtesy of the Z7 with Sigma 40/1.4 Art.

Left-eye view:

Right-eye view:

Composite for cross-eye viewing:

Video of last bloom unfolding, courtesy of D500 with AF-D 60mm micro:

https://cp.sync.com/dl/9246debe0/ejcgadne-gb667m2n-u7i7ep6f-fvfbjbvp

-- hide signature --

Source credit: Prov 2:6
- Marianne

Nikon D500 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow