Support Olympus and buy a new camera.

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
Wingsfan
Wingsfan Regular Member • Posts: 416
Re: Support Olympus and buy a new camera.

I have everything I need now. I was considering either the new big zoom, or the 90-250f2.8 4/3 lens, but I realized my needs are changing, as I won't be doing much swimming photography after this year, so those longer, pro/faster lenses won't be as necessary.

So I won't be buying any gear near term, as I am not lacking for anything. I'm not sure what I'll do once it's time to upgrade camera bodies. I was honestly a little underwhelmed with the MK3, so I'm not sure I'll get another EM1. But that leaves me with either Panasonic, or an entirely different system when the time comes around. in terms of my photography, I don't need anything bigger than m43 so we'll have to see what's available in a few years. I am finding a lot of my needs are being met by my 1-in enthusiast cameras, maybe with advances there, that's all I'll need in a few years.

I'm not one of those people that's all fired up or mad about the Olympus news, it is what it is. I find the Olympus cameras I have to perform above the level I need them to in almost all cases, but my requirements and needs are different than others. Like most of my car purchases, I never considered my camera system to be an investment, so while I will think it is very unfortunate, I'm not concerned about any type of loss if they are to shutter everything eventually.

Wingsfan's gear list:Wingsfan's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Nikon Coolpix 4100 Canon PowerShot S95 Olympus XZ-1 Nikon Coolpix S9100 +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
sbu
sbu
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow