Who is buying an R5?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
David M. Anglin
David M. Anglin Senior Member • Posts: 1,508
Re: Who is buying an R5?

Zeee wrote:

David M. Anglin wrote:

I have already sold some of my EF gear (5dIV , 200-400 f4, 70-200 f2.8 II) in prep for moving to the R5 or abandoning Canon for another solution, Based on rumors and expectations, I will pre-order R5, R6, RF 24-105 f4, and RF100-500 plus some accessories. I will watch the reviews and can always bail if Canon doesn’t deliver on expectations. Selling the 200-400 was more about weight than a move to RF, although it does free up a nice piece of cash. I do believe the R5 will be a great camera. As a wildlife shooter, I have to confirm the EVF and AF can handle the action. If the R5 can match or exceed my 1dx II, the rest of my EF gear will go up for sale.

I just sold my 400 DO II. Last fall I sold my 5d4 and 24-70.

The RF 24-105 f4 is a nice lens. Far better than the original EF version. I too am selling everything else and going RF but first waiting to see where this goes. If something does not pan out more than likely Sony. I have enough to get the A7 III and the 200-600.

The 200 - 600 is the one reason I would consider moving to Sony. . Not a big fan of their camera bodies, but that Lens range and capability looks awesome. I really haven’t researched it that much, but will take a serious look if something goes south with the R5. I have been hoping that Canon would release something similar with equal or better image quality. I think they are afraid of cannibalizing their big whites. The 200 - 400 is an awesome lens, but I found myself using it with the TC engaged for a high percentage of shots. The IQ is equal to the prime big whites, it is heavy.

It interesting you sold your 400 DO II, I’ve been checking the Canon site for a refurb since I think that would be a great lens wins on the R5.  I have used it for airshows and found it very easy to handhold. It also works well with 1.4 TC III.

David M. Anglin's gear list:David M. Anglin's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EOS M6 II Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow