Do you buy new EF lenses?

Started 3 days ago | Discussions thread
1Dx4me Veteran Member • Posts: 8,469
Re: Do you buy new EF lenses?

Vunite wrote:

Out of curiosity: Assuming the entire RF lens setup exists (including the ones to come 2020), do you still buy EF lenses new? Even if there's an RF equivalent?

I assume many still do that, since either the RF equivalent is extremely expensive or because they want to use something like the drop in filter adapter.

Or do you see it as "lost investment", since the future is RF anyway, the lenses too long and big with the adapter etc?

Personally, I'd see EF lenses as a chance to get very good lenses at a much better price (including Sigmas and Tamrons).

i own 13 EF "L", and 2 zeiss lenses and am still lusting for the new 70200 f4.0 II for my travels because i think a canon 100400 II is a bit heavy to haul around. there is absolutely no RF lenses for me in the cards, i don't even think about them. these "L" lenses that i own, can do whatever i ask them to do with outstanding IQ.

however, for someone that has very few or no EF lenses, it would be better to start with RF lenses. EF lenses will always be there as a viable option!

-- hide signature --

We are ephemeral dreamers, like surfers on evanescent waves!!!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow