if Fuji made a monochrome gfx 50r .... would you buy it ?

Started 3 days ago | Discussions thread
JimKasson
JimKasson Forum Pro • Posts: 28,913
Re: if Fuji made a monochrome gfx 50r .... would you buy it ?

Stan Disbrow wrote:

Hi,

Well, I have had matching mono and color models for decades with the old Kodak CCDs. Both the M6 (460) and the M16 (660/760) process. I only recently sold my venerable DCS660m because it has become collectable and so worth more than I paid for it. Much more. Enough to buy my entire Pentax 645D system. Which, I have more use for.

I can say that there is a difference shooting B+W with a mono sensor vs making up B+W from the color one. In my case, a marked difference. I expect the same would hold true for a Fuji, both the 50 and the 100.

Right now, I am in the 'convert color to B+W' camp. But, I am also thinking about picking up a used Nikon Df and performing the sensor conversion myself. I don't expect, especially at this late date, that Nikon will ever get around to doing so. Even though they have the mono variant of the sensor in the parts bin over on the microscope camera side of the plant....

Hmmm. Maybe a second P645D and do it myself to that Kodak CCD....

Stan

If we had a monochrome camera, we could, using a filter wheel, make images with accurate color.

-- hide signature --
 JimKasson's gear list:JimKasson's gear list
Nikon D5 Sony a7 III Nikon Z7 Fujifilm GFX 100 Sony a7R IV +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rbf
rbf
rbf
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow