The newest addition to my small camera collection: a GM1!

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bastibe Regular Member • Posts: 124
The newest addition to my small camera collection: a GM1!

My first foray into small cameras was a Ricoh GR. It still is my first love. Nothing beats the GR in pocket-to-picture speed and real-world compactness.

But the concept of small cameras kept intriguing me. So some time later, I added a Pentax Q7 with its 01 prime, its 02 standard zoom, and its 06 tele zoom. A wonderful little camera. IBIS, interchangeable lenses fantastic usability for its size. And a tiny sensor.

As of a few days ago, my newest bargain find entered the collection:

Ricoh GR, Pentax Q7, GM1

A GM1 with the 12-32, the 35-100, and the 20mm 1.7.

This is actually the smallest camera body of the three, and the brightest lens as well. It's downright funny how the body is so small it is dwarved by that "tiny" pancake lens. And it's quite usable as well.

Just like the Q7, the GM1 kind of feels like a toy. Unlike the Q7, the image quality is very un-toy-like.

For years I have wanted to dip my toes into m43. But the bigger bodies did not seem to offer much my existing Fuji system could not do in a similar form factor. The GM1 however truly cashes in on the compactness that m43 is capable of.

The GM1 is now my companion to the GR if I don't want to bring the "big" Fuji. Or just an alternative choice if I don't feel like 28mm.

bastibe's gear list:bastibe's gear list
Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Pentax Q7 Ricoh GR
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow