Olympus E-PL10 Vs E-M10 III

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MichaelM8718 New Member • Posts: 10
Olympus E-PL10 Vs E-M10 III

Hi all

I was hoping for some quick advice.

I have very recently upgraded from my old E-PL5 to a new E-PL10 primarily for some convenience features and familiarity with the range and portability. I will certainly put myself at the occasional beginner/enthusiast level. I am not a fashion person or anything...it is just our decent family camera!

I am happy with the E-PL10 and the changes it brings from my old E-PL5. However....Olympus here in the UK is just offering for a reduced price the E-M10 III 14-42mm kit with the 45mm f1.8 lens thrown in for free. The 45mm lens is the lens I was planning to buy next. I am still in the 14 day return window and this package is about £75 cheaper than what I paid for the E-PL10 plus it adds the 45mm lens in.

I love the portability of the E-PL10 and most of the times I use the 17mm f1.8 pancake lens with it so clearly size does matter.

Do I stick with that I have or just go for the better value E-M10 III + 45mm freebie as from what I can tell the cameras are pretty similar.

I paid £474 for the E-PL10 kit and the E-M10 is £399 with the 45mm thrown in. Even with the trade in value I get for my old kit I still need an extra £80 to get the 45mm lens. So the value of the £399 offer is clear.

Thanks all!

PS I would love a G9 as I am partial to Panny but the price is restrictive just now.

Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow