Upgrading Nikon D300 - want articulated screen & low light (but not too expensive!)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BeeBeeBee New Member • Posts: 19
Upgrading Nikon D300 - want articulated screen & low light (but not too expensive!)

Hi there. I like the D300 a lot. But it is quite old and I do notice low light isn’t great. I have realised I would very much benefit from a screen that can flip out and be utilised at different angles due to problems viewing through viewfinders and also I shoot a lot of things at high or low views. I shoot many things indoors these days and smaller things, which is where I noticed having trouble with not only angles and my inability to focus easily with just the viewfinder, but in particular the low light issues.

I have Nikon lenses and want to stick with Nikon. Ideally, the price I’m looking at currently for a used body would be £400 or under. I wondered if the D5200, D5300 and D5500 would fit the bill? I know they are a downgrade from a more pro body, but I wondered if the modernisation would offer me the improvements I’m currently looking for and be worth it.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Nikon D300 Nikon D5200 Nikon D5300 Nikon D5500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow