19mm PC what?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP ExpatSooner New Member • Posts: 23
Re: Lens movements - online primers, Ansel Adams chapter

Kelvin L wrote:

lightandaprayer wrote:

[snip]

I don't know if a book about using cameras that offer all of the classic movements is really necessary.

[snip]

There is info online about using PC lenses that will probably be all you need to get up to speed with the lens.

[snip]

I tried doing a 'beginners search' for a lens movement primer, and it was surprisingly difficult finding one that didn't waffle or presume existing knowledge. The best two I could find were:

Toyo View website: Large Format Techniques

Alex Bond: Large-format camera movements

Another short read about lens movements is within the classic Ansel Adams book, 'The Camera'. Chapter 10 (22 pages).

To the OP: since you already own this lens, the quickest way to learn is to plonk your camera + lens on a tripod in front of a cereal box, turn on live view, and then tilt-shift away.

Thank you for the links. You have discovered as I did that finding anything useful for a beginner about how to utilize a T/S is quite difficult.

I’m going to the garden this afternoon after I finish work. I’ll plonk it down there and practice.

Thank you again for the links.

ExpatSooner's gear list:ExpatSooner's gear list
Nikon D3S Nikon D5 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow