Picture from 1927

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
benjilafouine Veteran Member • Posts: 3,437
Picture from 1927

I need some help. I don’t where to start. I’ve never colourize B&W photos before except for using free websites for a few of them. I do have a Photoshop subscription but this is recent although I read that it can be done. In short I have no clue on how to do that in Photoshop yet! This is a picture I scanned almost 20 years ago of my maternal grand parents on their honeymoon trip to lake George, NY, USA, from Montreal, Quebec, Canada in 1927 (they took the train I was told in another post).

I can remove scratches all right but how do I get the colours right? All I know is that my grandfather was more than often dressed in brown. Of all the B&W pictures I have, this is the one I would like to get right. I am including this picture at full size in case someone can help. How would you proceed with that one? I expected the treillis in front of the house to be white as it was the case more than 60 years ago but if I select that as white balance everything goes blue.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
There is always something to shoot/snap, you just have to know how to do it and have the right gear.
Benji

benjilafouine's gear list:benjilafouine's gear list
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot SX110 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Canon PowerShot G16 Canon EOS 40D +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow