Upgrading to a Lumix G9 in 2020?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MiniMadRyan New Member • Posts: 7
Upgrading to a Lumix G9 in 2020?

Hi All,

I shoot primarily with a Nikon D7200 w/battery grip and an assortment of lens from a 70-200 2.8 to the massive 200-500 f5.6. I love the handling and layout of the D7200. I also purchased a Lumix G7 last year on sale, and it's primarily used as my B-camera, and for when I'm looking to travel lighter.

Recently though, I've been intrigued by the Lumix G9 and the amount of features relative to its price. While it's a bigger body than the G7, it's still smaller than my Nikon and a bit lighter too.

My question is, in light of the recent news, and lower cost FF cameras supposed to be coming soon, is the G9 a good choice still in 2020? I'm not really interested in going to an entry level FF, as most of the features I'd like are in FF cameras 2-3 times the price of the G9, with only the D500 and Z6 being remotely close.

To me, it would seem the G9 offers a lot of higher-end features, without the huge costs, while still being a bit easier to carry around. What do others think?

Cheers

Ryan

Nikon D500 Nikon D7200 Nikon Z6 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
sbu
sbu
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow