Fujinon MK2 primes

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nebeldiener
Nebeldiener Forum Member • Posts: 74
Fujinon MK2 primes

The decision between the f2 and f1.2/f1.4 primes shouldn't be that hard. Right? If you want absolute image quality buy one of the f1.2/f1.4 primes. If you want WR/ compactness/ ultimate AF speed buy one of the f2/f2.8 primes.

But there are still more videos/ articles/ discussions comparing the f2 to the f1.2 counterpart than I possibly can watch/read. But why is that?

There seems to be a desire within Fuji users to see the IQ of the f1.2/f1.4 primes with the build quality of the f.2 primes combined. Why does Fuji seem to take so much time to deliver? Do they want to deliver?

I read one interview with a Fuji employee who claimed that most of the lenses (primes only? can't remember exactly) can resolve up to 33mp. So at one point Fuji has to update their primes. And it seems like they want to: X mount Lens Roadmap

If the rumor is true Fuji is going to release one MK2 prime and one MK2 zoom along with the 50/f1 and the 70-300/f4-5.6.

The article reads:

A Fujifilm manager told us back in February, there will be 4 Fujinon X mount lenses coming in the next 12 months (meaning latest within February/March).

It was published back in May, so already a month late. No we have almost July and there is still no end in sight. Can we expect the lenses for this year at all? Is Fuji going to wait for Christmas? Are they going to hold off until the Olympics 2021?

I'm asking because I'm on the fence on buying a 35mm but I would hold on if I knew that Fuji would be working on a 35/f1.4 MK2.

Nebeldiener's gear list:Nebeldiener's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow