Between 300mm f4, 70-200mm f2.8 and 80-400mm which one would you choose and why?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
calson Forum Pro • Posts: 10,433
Re: Between 300mm f4, 70-200mm f2.8 and 80-400mm which one would you choose and why?

For wildlife photography the 80-400mm is my lens of choice. I prefer it to the 200-500mm and any of the 150-600mm lenses as it provides a more usable zoom range regardless of the size of the animal and the distance.

The 70-200mm f/2.8 is my lens for landscape photography. It was a must have lens when I photographed weddings and it is a good outdoor lens for portrait photography invovling individuals and couples.

I have the 500mm PF and along with the 80-400mm lens I have the perfect combination for 80% of my wildlife photography.  The other 20% entail the use of a 600mm f/4 and a 200mm f/4 micro lens.

-- hide signature --

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government to save the environment." Ansel Adams

 calson's gear list:calson's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D850
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow