3rd party battery problem in 5DMk4

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Andy01 Senior Member • Posts: 3,655
Re: 3rd party battery problem in 5DMk4

RHWeber wrote:

I only use Canon batteries in my cameras. I never have a problem and they seem to last a long time. I do understand trying to save money on a battery that will last a long time when spending thousands of dollars on expensive camera equipment. It makes no sense to me.

I bought a spare Canon LP-E6 (not N) in 2014 as a spare for my then new 70D. I still use it as the spare for my 6D ii, and although it shows as 1 red bar "health" on my 6D ii now, I can still get over 1500 shots with it. I always alternate my batteries so it has seen similar use to the original 70D LP-E6 and the original 6D ii LP-E6N.

To me that was money well spent - an extra few dollars on a battery that has lasted 6 years so far and still going strong. On a "per year" basis, it probably cost me an extra $4-5/year to buy a genuine Canon (and that gets less with every year).

Colin

Andy01's gear list:Andy01's gear list
Canon EOS M5 Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow