Canon Colors (Select reprocessing of the DPR 11-22 gallery)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
noisebeam Senior Member • Posts: 2,809
Re: My periodic dipping of toes into DPP

Alastair Norcross wrote:

Periodically, I see posts saying how much DPP has improved, so I give it a try again. O

Interesting, perhaps I should revisit it. Last I used DPP was 15yr ago for the Rebel (300D) and it was horrible clunky and slow and I found Capture One as my RAW developer solution and have been using it ever since, mostly with 30D and then Sony RX100ii.

Now I have an M6, but Capture One does not have lens support for any EF-M except the 15-45 which I don't have or plan to get.  My most used lens is the 11-22 which has pretty bad barrel distortion and vignetting.  I can clean up vignette generically with CO and use generic barrel distortion correction, but 'side by side' with the jpeg corrected in camera is not the same.

So maybe I should revisit DPP at least for select images that could benefit from lens profiles.

Anyone with DPP vs CO experience?  Colors?

noisebeam's gear list:noisebeam's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 30D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow