Considering Z50 but Concerned About Lack of IBIS

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tom SilverSpring New Member • Posts: 2
Considering Z50 but Concerned About Lack of IBIS

I am considering buying a Z50 with the 2-lens kit but I am a little concerned by the lack of IBIS on the Z50. The Z6 and Z7 have IBIS and many of the Z lenses on the roadmap appear to lack in-lens (VR) stabilization. I have been holding off on buying the Z50 out of concern that I might regret not having IBIS if Nikon is shifting away from VR in the Z series. However, today I read in several other threads that VR (or IBIS) is not desirable under some conditions (such as shooting with a prime on a tripod) -- so maybe the lack of VR on many of the lenses on the Z roadmap is a reflection of the purpose of those lenses. At some point I would like to add a 35 mm prime to my gear to use primarily handheld for street shooting. Would I even need VR for that purpose?

It is worth noting that I have no investment in F lenses so the lack of IBIS for stabilizing older non-VR F telephoto or zoom lenses is not a consideration. In case it is not already clear from what are probably naive questions, I am not a very experienced photographer, so please be kind.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Z50 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow